Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Were law, religion, and morality combined in the era when religious scriptures were written? Develop a legal mind

Hello. This is Watanabe Tenmei from the clear file. This is a report article on the law that I am currently studying. When we think of jurisprudence, we have the image of an introductory book that summarizes basic legal concepts.


Now, in order to deal with the law, it is necessary to have a basic way of thinking about the law called the legal mind, and the legal mind is the ability to make comprehensive judgments to reconcile conflicting disputes logically, fairly, and from a broad perspective. I'll tell you something. One of the purposes of university education is to foster this legal mind.


The norms that should be followed in social life are called "social norms." In the ancient times when the Bible was written, social norms were a mixture of law, religion, and morality. The sacred texts of various religions were, so to speak, rules for living in society, and norms to be followed. As society matured, law, religion, and morality developed and separated into different positions.


Law is a code of conduct that concerns human conduct. Morality can be said to be an inner code that describes a person's inner values. The law punishes acts that appear on the outside of a person, but in a complete change, it states that ``acts without the intention of committing a crime will not be punished,'' meaning that acts in which there is no awareness that they are committing a crime will not be punished. Masu. This is a provision stipulated in Article 38 of the Penal Code.


Law has the deterrent power of punishing human actions, but morality also has a strong coercive power that is different from law. The special circumstances of modern law can be seen in the fact that law, religion, and morality have been separated and specialized.


After studying up to this point, I opened a law textbook for the first time in a while, but in the past, just reading a law textbook would hit a wall, get over it, and then immediately hit another wall. Over and over again, I had the impression that it was a study with a quirk that made it difficult to read through it. However, when I opened a law textbook this time for the first time in a while, I found myself reading it smoothly.


I sometimes draw lines in textbooks. Some may say that drawing the line is pointless. Even if I draw a line, I immediately forget about it. However, the significance of drawing lines is that by drawing lines, you can identify the important parts and summarize the content of the subject in your head in a simple way. When rereading the text, you can quickly refresh your memory by simply rereading the parts you have underlined.


This time, instead of drawing lines, I copied only the important parts in my notebook. By doing this, I was able to avoid smearing the textbook with lines and was able to summarize only the important parts in my notes. It's good to copy only the important parts in your notebook, but I feel that by writing out what you've learned in your own words on a blog, etc., you'll be able to retain it in your memory and improve your understanding of the content dramatically. .


This is true of difficult physics and mathematics textbooks, but studying can be much more cost-effective by reading reference books and writing them down in a notebook at the same time. As I mentioned earlier, I would like to cultivate a legal mind and try to obtain a legal qualification. As a first step, I believe that writing down what you have learned and summarizing it in your own words is a very effective method to dramatically increase the effectiveness of your studies.


By summarizing it in a blog, you can realize which points you don't understand well. It can be said that how to study efficiently is an important element in the endless social studies. If you are interested in my study method, please give it a try. I'm sure you won't waste your time. See you soon.


Reference book: “Jurisprudence” by Akira Mori Izumi, Yuhikaku Books, 4th edition

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opening up the destiny of Tenpu Nakamura! The company gives experience and salary

This is Nada from Seito Medical School. This time I will report my diary notes from Saturday, December 2nd. ・Generate ideas through synergis...